Monday, November 28, 2011

We went on the river cruise last night.  It was great!  The view was amazing.  AubriAnna loved seeing all the lights.  We had supper on the boat as well.  Our guide, Ramon, had Papa John's delivered to the boat before we set out! lol We had one tired little girl by the time we got back to the hotel.  She got a bath then baba got her to sleep.  Going to sleep is a battle!  We're not sure if we've spoiled her to being held or most likely she's got some seperation anxiety.  It's almost like she's afraid we're not coming back.  Which is understandable.  Since leaving the only home she has ever known, she's stayed in 2 hotels & flown on a plane.  LOTS of changes in just little over a week for her!

We had to get up early this morning & go to the U.S. Consulate for the Oath Ceremony. Our babygirl is now a U.S citizen! Wasn't a formal ceremony but the meaning of it all was so moving. Yes, I teared up! This has been such a long emotional journey. Almost unreal that this part of it is almost over.

This is our last night in Guangzhou. We leave tomorrow afternoon for Hong Kong. We'll stay over night there then it's U.S. bound!! Can not wait to see my 2 big kids! Seems like we have been away from them forever! Next trip, they are coming with us. We have had so many of the locals ask if we're going to adopt again. A lot of the yuonger generation here just stare a lot & seem curious, but the older generation are grateful for the most part. They know that the children are getting a chance at a life that they would probably never had.

AubriAnna's grandma nanny put together a memory book over the last year as she grew. In the back of it she wrote a letter to her a few days before we got her. We had it translated last night. It was so sweet. I'll share it with you guys!

My Dear Yurou My Sweetheart,
      We live with each other for more than one year. You brought me countless happiness & joy. You leave me many good memories. Your lovely face will forever stay in my heart. You have been one of the most important part of my life. Now you going to leave grandma. I sincerely wish you healthy & happy under the love of your daddy, mommy & the new warm family. Wish you to be somebody & show respect to you daddy mommy & grateful to the society. And also help those who need help.

      Remember please often write & send pictures to me. Far away in the eastern world in Nanjing, China there is grandma miss you every day. Goodbye & wish you blessed.
      Goodbye my lovely Yurou my sweetheart.
      Your Grandma
      Yang Wen Wan
       I love you

This letter moves me to tears everytime I read it. I am so grateful to God that He put someone over our little girl to love her & protect her until we could. Anytime I get tired or frazzled on this trip, I think about what is happening & I stop & praise God. Our prayer is that through our journey, someone else may answer a calling God has given them & adopt a child of their own. It doesn't have to be international adoption. Domestic adoption may be your callling. China is just where God led us. It's amazing how God works. Who would have ever thought that a child half way around the world would fit our family so well?! No one but GOD! So many children need a mommy & daddy to just take them & love them. Will we adopt again? Very possible!

 Back at the hotel after becoming an American Citizen this morning!
 Finally got to wear her tutu today!






 A museum on the bottom level of our boat.
 Very detailed ships!  Zac would've loved seeing all these!
The lit up boat was our's. It looked like a dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment