Sunday, December 25, 2011


MERRY CHRISTMAS from the Hutchesons! 

What a wonderful Christmas it is!  First of all, it is an opportunity to refocus and remember exactly why we celebrate Christmas.  It's not the elaborately wrapped packages, twinkling lights, santa or even gathering of family.  It's to say thank you to our Lord and Savior for leaving that glorius throne, humbling Himself and being born into a cold self destructive world.  He could have just as easily saved us without ever leaving the throne, but He chose to come among us and live with us.

I was listening to a sermon on AFR the other day and something was said that I had never really thought of.  Of ALL the people He could have sent the angels to, He chose the shephards.  They were the only ones that could not go into the temple to worship Him because they were considered not only unclean, but unable to become clean.  Their job was to tend the sheep that were to be used as sacrifices.  How sad and left out they must have felt.  I wonder did they have an ache in their hearts to worship Him more intimately, but knowing they would never be able to enter the temple?  God chose these, the most unclean to announce this wonderful news to first!  How remarkable and miraculous that must have been.  They got to see the new born baby first!

I think of conversations I have had over the years with people who have strayed from Christ or maybe never knew Him as their Savoir.  One thing I hear a lot is, "I've done too much wrong for Him to forgive me" or "I've done so many bad things for Him to love me".  Looking at the shephards, did they think that too?  Perhaps they thought, "I'm to unclean for God to ever notice me".  Oh how they were wrong!  It should be enough to make us want to shout from the rooftops! GOD LOVES YOU!! He loves you inspite of your sins!  He came to this earth as a little baby! A sweet baby! Oh my goodness how precious that is!  THAT IS WHAT CHRISTMAS IS ABOUT!!

This year is a very special Christmas for us!  Last year at this time, I cried, longing to hold our little one in my arms and wondering if he or she was being held and loved.  I praised God for the journey He had us on.  In July we were matched with our precious little girl.  This morning on our way to church we listened to NewSong's song, Every Child.  I cried again!  It was for several reasons.  First of all because I have been holding, rocking repeatedly telling AubriAnna how much we love her!  The journey has been long and trying at times, but it is a journey I would take a thousand times over without blinking!  I could not imagine our lives without her!  I would not trade the experience of seeing God unfold this journey before us.  He is AMAZING and FAITHFUL!  Secondly, I cried because I think of all the little ones still waiting and longing for a forever family.  I think of one little boy who looked to be a little bigger than AubriAnna.  He was lying in his bed at the orphanage when we visited it.  He could move his head a little, but followed with his eyes.  You could tell he had a lot wrong physically, paralysis being one of them.  He was watching tv when we came through the room.  The nanny stopped in front of his bed talking to us.  She had her back to him and was hugging AubriAnna.  This sweet quiet little boy laid there looking up at us and watching us.  Jimmy reached out and held his hand while we stood there talking to the nannys.  I have no idea if this sweet little boy will ever have that forever family!  I know he took in every moment we stood there and Jimmy held his hand.  My heart breaks for those children.  The ones waiting.

AubriAnna has already experienced 2 family get togethers for Christmas and she woke up to santa this morning.  She's still taking everything in, but is doing exceptionally well in just a short time.  She is doing good with letting people hold her as long as she does not see us.  If one of us is in eyesight, she'll whimper and reach for us.  (that doesn't hurt my feelings at all! lol I LOVE holding that baby!)  She's opened a few presents.  She's getting better with it.  She likes to rip paper, but doesn't pay the gift much attention.  Santa brought her a Veggietales Princess Sweetpea castle.  She LOVES that!  It's one of the few toys she has really showed interest in other than a little phone we got for her and gave her when we got her on Gottcha day.  She was dressed up in her Christmas dress for church this morning.  We got tickled because she started trying to mimic Bro. Jerry when he was leading music.  She loves music.  She's napping now.  Hopefully she'll wake up in a fantastic mood (she usually does) and be ready to meet more family at our next Christmas gathering!  She has no idea how big of a family she has come into! lol

Christmas IS about CHRIST, but we pray that it is also filled with the magic of the twinkleing lights, lots of food, great presents and warm loving memories with family and friends that will stay with you for a lifetime!  Spread the love CHRIST shows us each and every day!

Merry Christmas!
Prayerfully reflecting Christ's love,
Jimmy, Christie, Jessica, Zac & AubriAnna




Opening her first present from us!

Helping baba open his!




Sweet babygirl!

Playing with her castle from santa!



AubriAnna & Luke with Nana



No comments:

Post a Comment